Village Hall, Studridge Lane, Speen, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, HP27 0SA
Speen Pre-School is a small, friendly parent-led pre-school provision, located in a lovely village environment, within the Village Hall. It has a small courtyard outside which is used daily for outdoor play as well as a secure play area in the nearby park which has larger play equipment.
Our last Ofsted Inspection rated Speen Pre-School as 'good' in all areas.
We cater for a maximum of 20 children daily aged 2 - 5 years and have a small staff team who get to know each child well.
We have a wide variety of resources and equipment that we tailor to meet the ages and stages of all children from our younger 2 year olds to our nearly school starters.
Speen Pre-School was originally created as a playgroup over 40 years ago and has developed into a Pre-School with charitable status, becoming a member of the nationally recognised Pre-School Learning Alliance in 1997.
- Closely follow the learning through play based Early Years Foundation stage curriculum
- Offer fun & friendship with other children and adults
- Welcome service children and funded as well as non-funded 2 year olds, from the day they turn 2.
- Have close links with the village community, particularly the school and are involved in local Village life
- Offer weekly Forest School sessions enabling children to further explore the beautiful countryside surrounding our Pre-School.
- Provide opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in running the pre-school as well as having close involvement in your child's development
We hold morning sessions Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm.
Lunch clubs for all children Monday to Thursday from 12pm to 1pm:
Lunch is followed by various activites including literacy, music & movement, crafts and/or mark making.
'Children make good progress in relation to their initial starting points. This is directly due to staffs' effective teaching techniques and a good range of activities'
'The pre-school is well led and managed, self evaluation iseffective and identifies strengths and areas for development'
(OFSTED, Sept 2013)
A few comments from current Pre-School parents:
"Friendly, not too big"
"Strongly recommend it to others"
"Great activities with a fun approach to learning"
"He loves pre-school and has made lots of best friends, including staff"
"Home from home atmosphere"