Village Hall, Studridge Lane, Speen, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, HP27 0SA
Speen Pre-School is a small, friendly parent-led pre-school provision, located in a lovely village environment, within the Village Hall. It has a small courtyard outside which is used daily for outdoor play as well as a secure play area in the nearby park which has larger play equipment. Â
Our last Ofsted Inspection rated Speen Pre-School as 'good' in all areas.Â
We cater for a maximum of 20 children daily aged Â 2 - 5 years and have a small staff team who get to know each child well.
We have a wide variety of resources and equipment that we tailor to meet the ages and stages of all children from our younger 2 year olds to our nearly school starters.
Speen Pre-School was originally created as a playgroup over 40 years ago and has developed into a Pre-School with charitable status, becoming a member of the nationally recognised Pre-School Learning Alliance in 1997.
- Closely follow the learning through play based Early Years Foundation stage curriculum
- Offer fun & friendship with other children and adults
- Welcome service children and funded as well as non-funded 2 year olds, from the day they turn 2.
- Have close links with the village community, particularly the school and are involved in local Village life
- Offer weekly Forest SchoolÂ sessions enabling children to further explore the beautiful countryside surrounding our Pre-School.
- Provide opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in running the pre-school as well as having close involvement in your child's development
We hold morning sessions Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Lunch clubs for all children Monday to Thursday from 12pm to 1pm:
Lunch is followed by various activites including literacy, music & movement, crafts and/or mark making.
'Children make good progress in relation to their initial starting points.Â This is directly due to staffs' effective teaching techniques and a good range of activities'
'The pre-school is well led and managed, self evaluation isÂ effective and identifies strengths and areas for development'
(OFSTED, Sept 2013)
A few comments from current Pre-School parents:
"Friendly, not too big"
"Strongly recommend it to others"
"Great activities with a fun approach to learning"
"He loves pre-school and has made lots of best friends, including staff"
"Home from home atmosphere"